Friday 14 January 2011

Dancing in the street at Portagem



























The next part of the story involves another good friend called Linda, The Irish lads (Helpxers who were helping on my land) and a brilliant evening spent in Portagem at Xalipa's Bar where The Outsiders were playing.

Let me set the scene for you .............
July 2010 - a beautiful summers day at a tiny bar near Portagem river.
The Outsiders playing a wide range of music from the 60's to the 00's - rock, pop & blues.


Jason & Rowan hadn't had enough guinness yet & no-one else seemed to be moving in their chairs never mind out of them!

Both Linda & I love to dance & we got on with having a darn good time dancing in the street. How everyone else could remain in their seats with such good music playing is beyond me. Yes, people were enjoying the music but there was no physical expression of it other than clapping. Jason in all fairness to him did partake in 'what the heck, lets go for it' once the necessary guinness had been consumed (contrary to his protestations he can dance!). I was amused & puzzled by the total lack of dancing. Exasperated as well because it had been such a good night & I wanted more dancing & really missing it. But where? I needed to have a much more regular & reliable source.

Photos from top to bottom
~ Rowan & Jason Helpxing at a friend's building a fresh water font.
~ The Outsiders.
~ Street party at Paladar Restaurant, Castelo de Vide - May 2010. I don't have a photo of the Xalipa bar night!!! But the Paladar restaurant evening is kind of relevant as it shows us having fun!! Linda was singing (great voice) and Joao & Olivia (Linda's wonderful & delightful daughter) were having a jamming session playing their violins.

** these first posts up to Jan 2011 are being written as I'm actually in the throws of all this taking off like a rocket!! So I'm writing 'catch up' to the present scenario! Hope that makes sense?