Monday 18 April 2011

Dance & Music Party 16th April


Celebrating my birthday rather belatedly was the excuse for having a bit of a party and at the same time raising some money for the local Bombeiros. the evening raised 210.91 Euros - well worth the effort of trying to organise the whole thing in less than 2 weeks!! Yes, being a bit ambitious & crazy regards what I can achieve has been used to describe me!! But hey ho it paid off - we had a great time. The entrance fee was 2.50 Euros per head plus a plate of food to share (people also had to bring their own plate & cutlery so we didn't have to wash up!).

Believe it or not the firebrigade in Portugal is run by volunteers - considering the vital job they do here I find this quite extraordinary. They do an amazing job and I really wanted to do my 'bit' to raise some funds. They are crucial in keeping us all safe - everyone benefits from their work regardless of whether you are an a Portuguese local, foreign resident or a tourist.